1. 2010/09 - 2011/09, Research Institute for Applied Mechanics, Kyushu University, Fukuoka， Japan, Joint PhD student.
2. 2007/09 - 2012/07, School of Marine Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an, PR China, Launch Science and Technology, PhD.
3. 2003/09 - 2007/07, School of Marine Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an, PR China, Environmental Science, BS.
1. 2016/10 - Present, School of Oceanography, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Associate professor
2. 2013/04 - 2016/10, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Research Fellow
General design for Underwater Unmanned Vehicles
Experimental fluid dynamics
Water entry impact of projectiles
Bio-inspired flow physics
1. 2018-2020, National Science foundation of China (11702173), An experimental study on the hydrodynamic performance and flow separation control characteristics of the leading-edge tubercled wings for underwater glider.
2. 2017-2020, National Key research and development program (2017YFC0303705), Component improvement and development of working tools for the "Hai Ma" ROV.
1. Zhaoyu Wei, T.H. New, Y.D. Cui, Aerodynamic performance and surface flow structures of leading-edge tubercled tapered swept-back wings, AIAA Journal, 2018, 56(1), 423-431.
2. Zhaoyu Wei et al., A proper orthogonal decomposition study on the unsteady flow behaviour of a hydrofoil with leading-edge tubercles, Ocean Engineering, 2016, 121(15): 356-368.
3. Zhaoyu Wei et al., An experimental study on flow separation control of hydrofoils with leading-edge tubercles at low Reynolds number, Ocean Engineering, 2015, 108(1): 336-349.
4. Zhaoyu Wei, Changhong Hu, Experimental study on water entry of circular cylinders with inclined angles, Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 2015, 20(4): 722-738.
5. Zhaoyu Wei, Changhong Hu, An experimental study on water entry of horizontal cylinders, Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 2014, 19(3): 338-350.
Advanced ocean technologies
Reviewer for 《Physics of Fluids》,《Ocean Engineering》，《Journal of Marine Science and Technology》，《Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences》，《Journal of Hydrodynamics》
1. Outstanding reviewer for Ocean Engineering, 2016